NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 13 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Volcom VIP Trip To The Australia Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of World of Jeans & Tops d/b/a Tilly’s and Volcom, (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. An eligible minor should have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Promotion. The Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2) TIMING: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 07/08/13 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 08/19/13 (the “Promotion Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, visit www.tillys.com and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form to receive one entry. Limit one entry per person per valid email address and per household. Multiple entries received from any person or email address or household after the first entry received from that person or email address or household will be void. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on 08/19/13 to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like methods for participation in this Promotion is strictly prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant provided he/she is eligible per these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4) WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 08/22/13 from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period by Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email, phone and/or registered mail and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, tax form and, where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Eligibility Documents”) within five calendar days of date of issuance. If potential winners cannot be reached within two calendar days from the first notification attempt, or in the event of noncompliance within the above stated Eligibility Documents time period, with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
5) PRIZE: One grand prize winner will receive: (a) VIP experience to Australia; (b) roundtrip coach-class air transportation for two adults from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s home (c) five night hotel accommodations (one room, standard double occupancy) at hotel selected by Sponsors (d) prize pack from Volcom and Tilly’s.
Approximate retail value of prize is $4,950.00.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsors. If any winner is an eligible minor, Sponsors reserve the right to award prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. No substitution, assignment, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
6) TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being awarded.
7) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. By participating, entrants also grant consent for Sponsors to use name, address and other information provided for the purpose of administering this Promotion and general marketing purposes. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries.
8) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, the entrants consent to the use of their names, cities and states of residence, voices, and/or photographs and/or similar related information for promotional, advertising and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity by Sponsors and their designees, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any claims, actions, injury, liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded (including any travel or activities related thereto).
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion; (iv) late, lost, stolen, undelivered, misdirected, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or incomplete entries, or for any electronic, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials (including these Official Rules); or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware, or software, which injury or damage may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion (or any portion thereof) if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Promotion (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
Releasees shall also not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsors’ sole control. Releasees shall not be liable for changes or cancellation of any events. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Releasees shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
10) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Promotion, and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs or expenses; and (c) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
11) RULES/WINNER NAME: For the name of the winner, available after 08/19/13, or for an additional copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Volcom VIP Trip To The Australia Sweepstakes, Tilly’s, 10 Whatney, Irvine, CA 92618. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Name of Winner”. Requests must be received by 09/19/13. Vermont residents may omit return postage for “Rules” requests. You may also view these Official Rules at www.tillys.com.
12) SPONSORS: Volcom; 1740 Monrovia Ave.; Costa Mesa, CA 92627; Tilly’s, 10 Whatney, Irvine, CA 92618.